Save time and money and take the guess-work out of your fault-finding and diagnosis. Allows interrogation of the vehicle’s ECU to determine the performance of essential emission-based information, to read and clear Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) and to obtain vital performance data from the vehicle’s engine and transmission (Petrol 2001 onwards and Diesel 2004 onwards).
The size of the code reader belies its power. Unlike many other budget tools, which give only a code, the VS8812 gives a full definition on its colour backlit LCD screen. Also supports the new extended sensor list (SAE J1979 2007) and features freeze-frame, live data and includes I/M Readiness to eliminate drive cycle guesswork, using colour-coded LEDs. These characteristics are usually only found on code readers costing many times more.
• Enables fast and easy-access to any vehicle’s EOBD (Petrol 2001on and Diesel 2004on) diagnostic codes and establishes the cause of the illuminated engine check light (MIL).
• Displays fault code definition on-screen.
• CAN enabled tool, retrieves generic P0, P2, P3 and U10 codes for engine emissions and also picks up manufacturer specific P1, P3 and U1 codes.
• Unit then turns off MIL light, clears codes and resets monitors.
• Supports new extended sensor list (SAE J1979 2007).
• Gives access to live data streams from the engine and transmission modules and also stores freeze-frame data for later evaluation.
• Live display of O2 sensor data.
• Includes I/M Readiness to eliminate drive cycle guesswork, using colour-coded LEDs.
• Model No. VS8812